Are you or a loved one facing criminal charges for a drug crime?
If you or a loved one has been arrested for a drug crime, there is something to be concerned about. Drug crime convictions are very serious in the United States with burdensome penalties enforced. If you want to protect your freedom and your future, when facing a drug crime charge, your need to take it seriously and enlist the help of drug arrest attorneys that can assist you.
A Drug Defense Counsel you can trust...
The Law Offices of Ramiro J. Lluis has been representing those facing drug charges in the Los Angeles and Southern Calfiornia area for over 30 years. If you or a loved one are facing criminal charges for a drug offense, then the Drug Arrest Attorneys at Law Offices of Ramiro J. Lluis can assist you preserving your rights and your freedom.
The Kinds of Drug Crimes in California
There are many acts involving drugs are considered as criminal acts in the State of California. The following are but some of the crimes under these statutes.
1. Illegal Drug Distribution. Sec 11012 of the California Penal Code criminalizes the delivery of illegal narcotic drugs other than the proper administration of drugs or controlled substances as provided by law.
2. Illegal Drug Manufacture. Sec 11104.5 of the California Penal Code is the criminal offense is knowledge and intentional possession of laboratory paraphernalia, chemical reagent or solvent or its combination.
3. Illegal Drug Possession. Sec 11350 of the California Penal Code is violated when an individual is found to have illegal drugs on their person, their immediate vicinity or in an area under their personal control;
4. Drug Trafficking. Sec 11379 of the California Penal Code of 2002 is violated by any individual who transports, imports, sells, furnishes, administers, or gives away or offers to transport any drugs or controlled substances as provided by law;
5. Possession of a Controlled Substance. Sec 11350 of the California Health and Safety Code prohibits the possession of controlled substances in the absence of a valid prescription.
6. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Sec 11364 of the California Health and Code criminalizes the possession of drug paraphernalia such as opium pipes, devices, contrivance, instruments or other paraphernalia used for the unlawful use of a controlled substance.
7. Possession of Drugs with Intent to Sell. Sec 11351 of the California Health and Safety Code prohibits the sale and/or distribution of drugs or controlled substances. The intent to sell though is divined through the attendant circumstances of the case.
8. Sale or Transport of Illegal Drugs. Sec 11352 of the California Health and Safety Code criminalizes the transport, importation, sale, supply, distribution and administration of drugs or controlled substances.
There are penalties imposable specific to each of the abovementioned crimes. These penalties though can become harsher should there be aggravating circumstances attendant to the criminal activity.
The aforementioned crimes are serious offenses in California. Should you be or know anyone facing any of these drug charges, do reach out to the lawyers at the Law Offices of Ramiro J. Lluis for a free consultation today with one of our Drug Arrest Attorneys.
DISCLAIMER: This site is brought to you for informational purposes. Sex crimes charges are very serious in nature and it is recommended that you speak with an experienced criminal attorney about the specific details of your case. Visiting the website, reading the content or relying on the information does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal Marketing is brought to you by LawFirmMarketers.com